Yesterday's high winds has created the largest power outage ever for DTE. Some might not be restored until the weekend. Here's some tips for dealing with it according to Ready.gov. And now, it doesn't involve drinking but that may not be a bad idea.
- Keep refrigerator doors closed to keep food fresh.
- Don't use your oven as a heat source.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics that may surge.
- Use flashlights instead of candles which often cause fires due to them being knocked over.
- Never run a generator inside or in a garage.
Be patient and stay warm! Temps are falling into the low teens by the weekend.